About me...

September 29, 2012

Crystallized finger nails. (Closed to caviar nails)



Hi darlings! J
I just wanna share what I recently discovered about a unique nail art.
Have you ever heard of Caviar nails? I bet a lot of you now know about this edgy sort of nail art.
As I got interested by this new trend of nail art, I found out that Ciate was the only brand who has this kind of nail art. I can’t find any brand that has dupes nor substitutes for this and the fact that I lived here in the Philippines and Ciate is an international brand. See how the picture below.

 Picture’s from Google.

So I really need to order it yet on some online shops that selling the product and pay pricey just for a plain nail polish and its beads?! I find it no practical and for the reason that I'm still a student and must utilize my money very well on buying my own stuffs and interests like beauty products and fashions. So I think for the probable alternatives to achieve this kind of nail art and I gone for Youtube and searched for a various tutorials there. I can never go wrong for Youtube, they are really a help!! I found a few videos that could help me and this are with two different tricks. The first, is on using micro beads (according to my number one idol beauty guru on Youtube and she was Michelle Phan) or (according to some vloggers) on just using SALT!! Can you imagine that you can use salt for your nails? First I wasn't that really convinced because I thought for the reason that salt might melt onto your nails but I was wrong! Amazing right?
Wanna try it too? So here’s the tutorial on how I do it! J

First, of course, clean your nails with the same procedure before applying nail polish.
Next, pick your wish for color of nail polish. Me, I just used singular color of nail polish for each of my nails to witness how it looks like with different colors. After polishing it with your desire color, polish those nails with your desire topcoat.


While the topcoat is still damp and sticky you should sprinkle the salt already. See the pictures above. (You need to make use of used paper or old newspaper to catch the debris of the salt on your nails on top of your table when you up and about to sprinkle salt and shape it on your nails if you don’t want to clean so much mess on your table after doing this. Lol!)



Press the salt above your nail until it extends throughout the shape of your nails and take away the remnant on the sides of it.


After pouring/pressing salt on your entire nail just let it dry for a minute for product to get compactly attach onto the topcoat.


As when you notice that salt already glued on to the topcoat, apply those nails again a further topcoat and let it dry for how many minutes for topcoat to get seal off the salt and of course to avoid salt melting on your nails when you get soak and need to wash your hands after eating or bathing and etcetera.



And this is the finished creation! :)

I find it not so-caviar-nail- but instead I called it crystallized nail coz’ of the crystal effect of salt as it reflects on the light and for the reason that salt is transparent unlike what Ciate haves for caviar nails that has different colors. They are just similar on the texture rough effect. I went for salt and gave it a try because it’s a lot way cheaper than having/buying micro beads (but I’ll try using micro beads as soon as I find and purchase some of it)

Hope you find it helpful! If you want to try this just free to do and follow it! J
Leave comment if you want me to post again some tutorial about unique nail arts.
Thanks for reading and keep reading on my next blog! J
Have a nice day darlings! Xoxo

Elhay <3 



2 comments:

ask me here and feel free to comment :)